There is a lot to learn when it comes to asbestos which makes it harder for some to properly remove and dispose of the asbestos waste. With that in mind, here are just a few facts that you might find interesting.
5 Facts around asbestos
- Asbestos is a known carcinogen and there is no safe level of asbestos exposure
- 55 Countries have banned asbestos BUT the U.S and Canada have not!
- Asbestos fibres can cause asbestosis, lung problems and aggressive cancer
- Chrysolite asbestos accounts for nearly 95% of asbestos mined and exported.
- Asbestos fibres can be nearly 700 times smaller than human hair and are odourless, tasteless, indestructible fibres that can remain suspended in the air for seconds.
Check out this representation of how small asbestos fibres really are. It’s surprising!
Need some advice about Asbestos waste?
Call us on 01623 272 611 and we'll be happy to help