Easy , practical advice for Asbestos Removal in Nottingham
Whether you are planning to get a builder in or a professional asbestos removal company , here are a few tips to help with choosing the right way of doing it :
- Ensure that you know the material is asbestos first. Asbestos testing can be completed to save you the time and money of having the asbestos removed by a professional company
- Once you have established it is an asbestos in your house , choose the right person for the job. We all know someone , who knows someone that can remove asbestos but can they complete this safely? Always ensure that a trained and insured company are used.
- Shop around for quotes. The cost of asbestos removal in Nottingham varies. The cheapest deal may not always be the safest option , but once you have completed your checks on the company it may be the best deal.
- Ask the asbestos removal company if they have a Waste Carriers Licence , are their staff trained and where the asbestos is taken to. Not one reputable company will ever shy away from these questions , in fact they will welcome them! You can check the Waste Carriers Licence on THIS Link , as well as checking the Environmental Permit Number on THIS link.
- Get a quote in writing , ask the company to provide you with the complete price and confirm there are no hidden extras.
- Once the company arrive at your property make sure they are wearing all the correct PPE to remove the asbestos , this includes Coveralls and masks. Anyone trying to remove asbestos without this protective gear is not concerned about their safety , so they surely are not concerned about yours. You can check which PPE is required on HSE website HERE.
- When the asbestos removal has been completed you should ALWAYS receive a Hazardous Waste Consignment Note , otherwise referred to as a “certificate”. The consignment note is your proof of who removed the asbestos , where it came from and who transported it.
- Get your second copy of the Hazardous Waste Consignment Note. Once the asbestos has been disposed of , the disposal company will stamp a copy of the consignment note you signed. This provided you , the producer of the asbestos your proof the asbestos has not been dumped. Because the consignment note contains a unique number for your job , this can be tracked right from your house to the disposal point.
- If you need asbestos removal in Nottingham and you are in doubt , call the Environment Agency , Local Council or Health and Safety Executive for more information
Still thinking about Asbestos Removal in Nottingham? Give Smart Asbestos Services a call on 01623 272 611 for free advice , free quotes and competitive prices.
Need some advice about Asbestos waste?
Call us on 01623 272 611 and we'll be happy to help